Roots and Wings
March 28, 2024, 03:49:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Marriage after kids...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marriage after kids...  (Read 100 times)
Lindsay
Wise Trees

« on: August 14, 2010, 02:12:53 pm »

So, this is a very awesome, interesting and confusing path .  It is amazing how much ALL aspects of life change after having a baby.  It's weird to say that after 7 months we are still trying to figure out how this new "us" actually works.  We are constantly evaluating where we are and what we are doing, and trying to figure out how best to manage, so that we are the best family we can be.  And that's really hard to figure out.

Any advice for how to achieve a good balance between taking care of the baby, yourself and your marriage?
Report Spam   Logged

Wife to Mike 7/5/2006 and Mama to Sebastian Thomas 1/7/2010

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

unschoolbus
Queen Goddess of the Universe
Wise Trees

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 02:28:27 pm »

Nope. Not much help I know. I just know that to do either you still have to take care of YOU.
Report Spam   Logged

Mom to Bryson 12-7-03
Lindsay
Wise Trees

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:56:33 pm »

Exactly, which is tough when you have a baby who takes up just about every second of your time... but it's getting better!  Like I mentioned he is starting to be ok by himself for short intervals and is just about to crawl so it's getting easier!
Report Spam   Logged

MommyPants
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 03:57:25 pm »

The only constant in your life once kids are added is change.  No matter what, things will change.  And usually it will happen right about the time you get used to it.  It is really hard when they are just babies, because you can't teach them not to interrupt, guide them into a routine that works better for you, etc.  The best you can do is express your wants/needs as much as possible, and try to respect his in return.  I think the hardest is when you can't figure out what the other wants/needs and you can't understand why they can't understand where you are coming from.  Just keep plugging away and one day you will realize that while you were in the thick of it, it seemed eternal, but it has only been 7 months.  That really isn't all that long.  I'm not saying that to downplay it, just to point out that it seems like you won't make it, but you will.
Report Spam   Logged

Kellie
Lindsay
Wise Trees

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 07:00:04 pm »

Yeah it seems like every time we get to a breaking point, something changes or we have another huge "life" discussion and we seem to understand each other and the situation a little bit more.  So that's good I suppose.  I know that with time things will get easier and better, we will have a better grip on life in general and how to handle all these situations.  It's tough while in the midst of it all though.  I know we will make it though, no question about it!  I just would like to make it in one piece... haha! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MommyPants
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 04:59:21 pm »

I know what you mean.  It can be so hard.  Babies change so much.
Report Spam   Logged

Kellie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum