Roots and Wings
March 29, 2024, 07:11:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Wishful thinking!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wishful thinking!  (Read 287 times)
Lindsay
Wise Trees

« on: August 14, 2010, 01:46:14 pm »

I'm really hoping that after the move is out of the way and the baby continues on his path of new found independence that I will be able to start painting again!  I love to paint and draw but I go through creative spurts followed by long lengths of time in between where I don't even touch a pencil or paintbrush. I haven't painted or drawn since I was pregnant and I created the murals for the baby's room.  (Although taking on such a large project while pregnant really burned me out there for awhile!)

Anyway... here's hoping!
Report Spam   Logged

Wife to Mike 7/5/2006 and Mama to Sebastian Thomas 1/7/2010

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

unschoolbus
Queen Goddess of the Universe
Wise Trees

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 02:05:42 pm »

Wow you created murals for his room? Just wow.
Report Spam   Logged

Mom to Bryson 12-7-03
Lindsay
Wise Trees

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:48:03 pm »

Haha, yeah I didn't want to buy a nursery set in a store so we created our own.  It's all based off of the story of Peter Pan so the bedding is all nature themed and then I painted scenes from the story (the nursery scene where they learn to fly, them flying to Neverland, and then Neverland itself, as well as "Sebastian" written in the middle of a forest setting.)  They turned out pretty good I think (I'm my own worst critic) especiallygiven the fact that I was really burned out towards the end of the project as well as it was technically the first oil paintings I ever completed.  (I normally use acrylic.)
Report Spam   Logged

MommyPants
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 04:01:10 pm »

You'll have to teach me to paint!  I've always wanted to learn but I am just not experienced enough at it.
Report Spam   Logged

Kellie
unschoolbus
Wise Trees

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 04:30:36 pm »

Did you take any pictures? That sounds really neat. THe most creative thing I have done is to "help" paint a toilet.
Report Spam   Logged

Mom to Bryson 12-7-03
Lindsay
Wise Trees

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 06:52:04 pm »

I don't know how much I could "teach" you but it would be fun to paint together!  I used to do that with a few friends and it was awesome to be so creative with others.  Again, I wasn't ever formally educated with anything in the artistic realm so I just do what looks good to me and what I like.  That's what's important, right?! Wink

I have pictures of the room overall with the paintings on the walls but not of them individually... When I have more time I'll try and post them!
Report Spam   Logged

Lindsay
Wise Trees

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 10:32:01 pm »

Here ya go Nessa!  To the left of the window is the nursery scene where they learn to fly, to the right is when they fly to Neverland.  The two others show Captain Hook, crocodile and mermaids and the other shows the Indians and the Lost Boys.  (And then his name... but I guess you could have figured that one out...  Smiley )

Report Spam   Logged

MommyPants
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 08:13:22 am »

I love them, Lindsay!   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Kellie
unschoolbus
Wise Trees

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 08:54:21 am »

I love them!
Report Spam   Logged

Mom to Bryson 12-7-03
Lindsay
Wise Trees

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 12:11:53 pm »

Thanks!  They didn't turn out exactly like I had imagined them, but working with oil paints is SOOOO much different than acrylic and these technically were my first oil paintings I had ever done.  So not too shabby for being inexperienced and very pregnant and losing patience, haha!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum