Roots and Wings
March 29, 2024, 05:37:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

How is your routine going?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is your routine going?  (Read 90 times)
MommyPants
Administrator

« on: February 03, 2011, 03:11:56 pm »

Ours has been very off since I've been so tired lately!  I'm trying in vain to rework and aim for afternoon activity with morning play time, since I seem to have a *bit* more energy in the afternoons.  But I don't really have enough energy most days to make that much of a difference anyway.

So what is or isn't working for you right now?
Report Spam   Logged

Kellie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kelly s
Wise Trees

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:55:54 pm »

our struggle is spending enough time at home.  well, that's mostly my struggle.  since I'm gone to work some of the week, I am always trying to fit cleaning and organizing in to our routine.  it never seems to end...
Report Spam   Logged
MommyPants
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:18:30 pm »

Our routine has been so odd since I got pregnant. It's been hard to keep up the housework - and that is without leaving the house!
Report Spam   Logged

Kellie
itsrtimedownhere

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:24:42 pm »

our routine lately is

-wake up
-eat breakfast
-go to the bus
-they play outside/watch a movie/play video games while i work
-eat lunch
-more work/playing (unless i'm in the zone, we usually will play puzzles or blocks or something together)
-go home around 3 or 4
-veg time until daddy gets home around 5
-dinner
-after dinner nicholas and steven play xbox in the living room and noah and i go upstairs to take a shower and watch tv. sometimes noah comes downstairs too and i get sometime by myself.
-noah and i fall asleep early while daddy and nicholas stay up late hanging out.
Report Spam   Logged
MommyPants
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 04:02:35 pm »

We wake up at about 8.  Sometimes we have breakfast in bed, mostly we get dressed first.  The kids pick out their clothes and bring them to my room and I help them get dressed, then get up myself.

We come down and have breakfast, take my meds, get dinner out of the freezer if needed, and brush teeth.

I do my "computer work" while the kids play.

We clean up a bit, usually.

Have lunch.

Either clean a bit more, knit or sew or read while the kids play.

Daddy comes home/dinner cooking time.  When I am making dinner, I try to start between 4 and 4:30 so I have plenty of time without feeling like I can't stop to help somebody go potty or anything like that.  Sometimes I don't have it in me and Daddy makes dinner when he gets home.

Eat dinner, clean up and read books with Daddy.  The kids have decided that reading books on the couch with Daddy is how the evening is supposed to conclude.  They are most unhappy if it doesn't work that way for them.

Alarm goes off at 7 to have snacks, or pick out books and go up to bed.

Jammies, potty, stories, etc.

Alarm goes off at 8 to be done with stories - this is our incentive for getting into jammies etc quickly; we can read more stories before the alarm goes off.  We finish our story and then snuggle.  When Baby Elliott can't handle the snuggles anymore, I roll over and read books on my Kindle app while the kids snuggle behind me and go to sleep.  Daddy comes and moves them to their bed at about 9:30 most nights.
Report Spam   Logged

Kellie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum